- Loans can be made for repair or replacement of private wastewater treatment systems for single-family houses, and multi- family housing consisting of four units or fewer.
- Loans can be used to finance only approved systems that are installed by contractors, approved by each county’s respective health department. A list of approved installers can be found at: http://health.mo.gov/living/environment/onsite/counties/
- Only systems recommended by the County Health Department, Department of Health & Senior Services, or the local authority will be funded.
- Costs related to the installation of an approved system (such as soils investigation, engineering
How to Apply
Application Packets are available from each participating Regional Planning Commission / Council of Government (see statewide listing). Application Packets can also be downloaded here.
- Homeowners with a failing or failed on-site wastewater treatment system as documented by a certified installer or local health agency.
- Homeowners who provide evidence of financial need. The loan application process will require a “turn down letter” from conventional financing sources, ie. local bank.
- Homeowners must have a sufficient credit score and income to make the loan payment and maintain the system.
For More Information
Contact your local Regional Planning Commission, or follow the links below: